We invite you to partner
Join with one of Australia’s only Aboriginal led arts organisations in presenting Aboriginal theatre of the highest quality locally, regionally, nationally and internationally.
Yirra Yaakin partners with like-minded companies, organisations and individuals who share our commitment to:
Maintain a strong Aboriginal voice telling our stories through live performance.
Contribute to the development of a strong Aboriginal arts industry.
Ensure that our artistic program will enhance the cultural health and well being of all.
This directly assists us to:
- Build pride within our community
- Support Aboriginal involvement in the Arts
- Improve our engagement with Indigenous and Non-Indigenous communities
- Encourage direct involvement and community engagement by at risk youth
- Raise cultural awareness broadly within the community
- Promote tolerance, understanding and positive attitudes toward Aboriginal people
- Sustain and support one of the oldest living cultures in the world
To discuss partnership and sponsorship opportunities contact our Partnerships Manager.
A genuine relationship
Our partnerships are unique in that we move beyond logos and opening nights to form truly creative and effective ongoing relationships. We work together with you, and in partnership we enhance and demonstrate your corporate citizenship and commitment to the ongoing sustainability of our communities.
Yirra Yaakin has an excellent reputation within the Western Australian business and arts community. We have won state and national awards for our Business Arts partnerships. (2013 Creative Partnerships Australia Awards – Woodside Better Business Award – state & national winner)
An investment in Yirra Yaakin is not only an opportunity to achieve your business objectives; it is a direct and immediate investment in the economic, social and cultural well being of our community. Our work reaches out to an estimated 30,000+ individuals annually in Aboriginal communities, the education & corporate sector and general theatre going audiences.
Over the past twenty three years Yirra Yaakin has:
Won 23 Awards; including Best Overall Partnership in the State Business Arts Awards, The Prince of Wales Trophy for Outstanding Community Service, and the Indigenous Facilitators Prize at the Sidney Myer Awards. Yirra Yaakin and Terry Grose are 2013 state and natonal winners of Creative Parnerships Australia Woodside Better Business Award.
Yirra Yaakin are much more than just a Theatre Company….
We invite you to join our Community
…”Being invited to Yirra Yaakin rehearsals, meeting the artists and experiencing the genesis of material which is then premiered to the public has been an unforgettable experience, making me feel part of the process, indeed, part of the team..The opportunity to attend Yirra Yaakin shows has also provided my family and I with valuable insight into contemporary Aboriginal theatre”… (Gerry Bradley – BC Iron Limited: Company partner)
By forming a partnership with the Yirra Yaakin community, you will be assisting Australia’s leading Aboriginal theatre company to bring quality contemporary theatre to audiences around the world.
You will be directly investing in the future of Aboriginal theatre and Aboriginal artists here in Western Australia.
You will be supporting our unique educational and community programs that not only provide school based programs, but also reach out to some of the most remote areas of regional Australia
The partnership will provide you with the opportunity to affirm your position as an organisation committed to supporting the WA Aboriginal community.
A partnership with Yirra Yaakin will generate exciting opportunities to connect with government, local and regional communities, your existing partners, and provides your company with the opportunity to be recognised as supporting the sustainability of Aboriginal arts and culture.
We are able to create a partnership to meet your objectives, deliver real outcomes and optimise the return on your investment. There are various levels of financial support available and a range of benefits and leveraging opportunities depending on your objectives.
This may include:
- High-level brand exposure and promotional opportunities
- Direct brand association with one of Australia’s most successful Aboriginal led performing Arts Companies
- Statewide and National reach
- Strategic Marketing and Publicity campaigns
- Direct communication with our other partners, clients, audiences and communities
- Ticketing packages, tailored promotions, and events for staff and clients
- Value for money
- An opportunity to introduce your staff to unique cultural experiences and learning
- An opportunity to sponsor individual artist development, workshop programs, performances, regional and remote touring, one-off special events, community and educational initiatives
You can support us in a number of ways, including, but not limited to:
- Corporate partnership – Supporting our annual program in presenting a diverse range of performances and activities for diverse communities
- Project partnership – Invest in the development/and or the production of a new work by the Company
- Touring Partner – Assist us in the delivery of our regional and remote touring programs, and /or our national and international presentations
- In-kind support – Share your skills, equipment, products and expertise
Meet our Current Partners
Read our Current Annual Report
To access our programs and to discuss partnership and sponsorship opportunities contact our Partnerships Manager
We rely on you, our community, for our future creative and cultural programs. Your donations, encouragement and friendship provide vital support for the ongoing development of our artists and our work. Help us share Aboriginal stories as a Koordah or donor today!